Home » Photoshop » Basics »
Here is an example of a backlight photo:Now, let's start.After:
Fixing Backlight Photos Using Photoshop Shadow/Highlight Tool
How to fix a backlit photo -the light source is behind the object not in front of it- easily using Photoshop Shadow/Highlight Tool. The one you wanted to photo looks like a silhouette? Find out how to fix thisin no time!
Here is an example of a backlight photo:
- Press (Ctrl+J) to duplicate the background layer so you can delete the new layer and start all over again if anything goes wrong.
- With the new layer selected, click Image >
Adjustments > Shadow/Highlight...
- The default settings of the Photoshop
Shadow/Highlight tool will make the image look better
but you can play with settings to get much better
results. The shadows sliders will affect only the
shadows in the image while the highlights sliders will
only affect the highlights areas which makes the
Shadow/Highlight tool perfect for this setuation.
Top Rated Tutorials
- How to Adjust Audio/Video Sync In An AVI File Using VirtualDub
Rating: 3.7/5 Votes: 173
- Dynamic Mask in Actionscript 3
Rating: 3.5/5 Votes: 11
- Fit Text in a Shape
Rating: 3.5/5 Votes: 113
- Show the Url of the Page
Rating: 3.5/5 Votes: 34
- Add Your Logo To A Video File
Rating: 3.5/5 Votes: 69