Home » Multimedia » Video Editing »
Join and Split Video Files Using Video Edit Master
Video Edit Master is a very easy to use yet powerful program for joining and splitting your video files and removing commercials from your videos with no quality loss, very fast and for free. Learn how to join and cut video files using Video Edit Master.
- Add the files you want to join/split to the Playlist either by clicking File > Add Video Files or simply by dragging and dropping the files on the Playlist. Video Edit Master will read files info and add files to the Playlist, you can read any file info by pausing your mouse over any file in the Playlist.
- If you just want to join those files with no
further processing - for example: you have downloaded them from
the internet and they were split for ease of download
- just select the files you want to join and click Add
Files To Segments. Notice that all files must be of the
same type, video resolution and frame rate for this to
work because Video Edit Master does not re-encode
- If you want to edit the video files, like removing commercials or simply cutting parts of the video files, instead of the previous step, double click on the file you want to edit in the Playlist, or press the Enter key to open it in the Video Editor. You can also choose it from the combo box at the top of the Video Editor window.
- Move the slider where you want the start point of your video segment, you can double click on the Video Editor window for the full screen mode and double click again for the normal mode. Most of the shortcuts are working in full screen mode, if you want to learn all the shortcuts click Help > Shortcut Keys.
- You can click the eye button (or press C) in the Video Editor window to capture the current frame as jpg or bmp image.
- Use the blue arrow keys for better positioning, the left and the right single arrow keys for a step forward and backward (or press ] and [ keys or use your mouse wheel) while the double arrow keys for one second forward and backward (or press shift+] and shift+[ keys), when you reach the position you want for the start of the segment click the S button to set the start position. Notice that the start edit box now has the start time in this format: HH:MM:SS.sss where HH are hours, MM are minutes, SS are seconds and sss are milliseconds.
- Repeat the previous step to set the end point for
the current segment and press the E button, notice the
blue area on the slider that specifies the start and
end of the current video segments and that the Add
Segment button is now enabled.
- Press the Add segment button and repeat the previous steps until you get all the segments you want.
- If you think that some of the added segments needs
some modifications, double click the desired segment or
select it and press the Enter key, this will open the
segment in the Video Editor window with your previous
start and end points already set for you so you can
easily re-edit the segment. You can enter the start and end
values manually and press the Enter key to seek to the
new entered position, press S or E to set the new
values then press the Add Segment button again. Notice that
Video Edit Master keeps your old segment and adds the
new one, if you don't need the old one, simply select
it then press the Delete key.
- If you want to re-sort the segments, click and drag each segment and re-arrange it in the Included Segments list.
- You might save your project for further processing later by clicking File > Save Project (Ctrl+S).Also, you can associate the Video Edit Master projects files with the program so you can open projects by simply double clicking on them by clicking Edit > Associate Project Files.
- When you are ready to make your final movie, press File > Produce Movie (Ctrl+P). Notice that it's important for the MEPG files to choose the appropriate MPEG type, MPEG-1 or MPEG-2 from the Save As Type in the save dialog to match the source video types for the best compatibility. Also notice that because Video Edit Master does not re-encode the video - to give you the best quality and the fastest performance - you will get keyframe accuracy.
- Watch for the Information log at the bottom of the main window for information about the last production process.
Top Rated Tutorials
- How to make double exposure photos in PS?
Rating: 3.8/5 Votes: 4
- How to Adjust Audio/Video Sync In An AVI File Using VirtualDub
Rating: 3.6/5 Votes: 189
- Show the Url of the Page
Rating: 3.5/5 Votes: 44
- Shiny Buttons
Rating: 3.4/5 Votes: 21
- Fit Text in a Shape
Rating: 3.4/5 Votes: 130