Home » Photoshop » Text Effects »
Create a Realistic Text on Grass Effect
How to make a realistic looking grass text effect using Photoshop, suitable for garden and nature sites. Just follow this easy step-by-step tutorial.
- Click File > New and choose a reasonable size for your image.
- Click the Background layer in the Layers window and press Ctrl+J to duplicate it.
- Delete the Background layer.
- Rename the new layer to BG.
- Choose the "Horizontal Text Tool" (T) and type
whatever you like.
- Select the BG layer and click "Add a layer style" located at the bottom of the layers window and choose "Pattern Overlay".
- Now, we want to choose a grass for the BG layer.
Click the down arrow next to the current pattern to
open the "Pattern picker", click the small right arrow,
choose "Nature Patterns", click Ok in the confirmation
message and click the grass pattern. (Follow the red
- Select the text layer then choose the grass for it too by repeating the previous steps but do not close the Layer Style window.
- Check the "Drop Shadow" and follow those settings:
- Make the BG layer invisible by clicking the small eye next to it in the layers window, select the "Magic wand tool" (W) and click all the none text areas then press Ctrl+Shift+I to inverse the selection and select the text only then make the BG layer visible again.
- Click "Create new fill or adjustment layer" located at the bottom of the Layers window then choose "Hue/Saturation".
- Enter 22 for Saturation, 37 for Lightness and click Ok.
- Select the BG layer, click "Create new fill or adjustment layer" located at the bottom of the Layers window then choose "Hue/Saturation".
- Enter -8 for Hue, -10 for Saturation, -9 for Lightness and click Ok.
- Click the text layer, click Filter > Stylize > Wind to give your work a more realistic look.
Top Rated Tutorials
- How to Adjust Audio/Video Sync In An AVI File Using VirtualDub
Rating: 3.3/5 Votes: 281
- Fit Text in a Shape
Rating: 3.2/5 Votes: 230
- Claws Mail - Opensource Light-weight Email Client in Opensuse
Rating: 3.1/5 Votes: 55
- Making a Character Walk Using Flash
Rating: 3.1/5 Votes: 34
- Turning Portrait Into Stone Statue
Rating: 3.1/5 Votes: 23