Home » Photoshop » Photo Effects »
Photoshop Picture to Sketch
Photoshop is really a very powerful program to do almost whatever you want with your images, but you have to use many of its tools together to get the effect that you want. Learn how to change a picture to a sketch in easy steps.
- Choose a picture that will look good when turned
into a sketch, either a landscape or a portrait.
- Duplicate the background layer by selecting it in the layers window and pressing (Ctrl+J) so you can revert to the original if you did not like the result.
- Select the new layer and click Filter > Sharpen.
- Press (Ctrl+Shift+U) to turn the layer into black and white.
- Click Filter > Other > High Pass, the value
you enter for radius depends on your image. Try to
choose a value while watching your image so you do not
have neither too much gray nor too much white in the
picture, notice that the value you choose here has much
effect on your final result.
- Click Filter > Sketch > Graphic Pen. Play
with the "Stroke Length" and "Light/Dark Balance" until
you get good results. I have chosen 15 for "Stroke
Length ", 40 for "Light/Dark Balance" and "Right
Diagonal" for "Stroke Direction".
Top Rated Tutorials
- How to Adjust Audio/Video Sync In An AVI File Using VirtualDub
Rating: 3.4/5 Votes: 232
- Add Image to Text
Rating: 3.4/5 Votes: 30
- Royal Navigation Tutorial
Rating: 3.4/5 Votes: 14
- The Tutorial of a Textured Icon
Rating: 3.3/5 Votes: 14
- Dynamic Mask in Actionscript 3
Rating: 3.2/5 Votes: 22