Home » Photoshop » Photo Effects »
Change A Picture Into A Watercolor Painting Using Photoshop
Find out how to use Photoshop to change a picture taken with a digital camera into a watercolor painting. You can use this easy-to-follow technique with a landscape picture or a portrait.
- Open the picture in Photoshop.
- Duplicate the Background layer by selecting it and pressing (Ctrl+J).
- Rename the new layer to Painting.
- Select the Painting layer and click Filter > Artistic > Water Color.
- The settings of the watercolor filter may change
according to the picture you have chosen. My settings
are Brush Detail: 14, Shadow Intensity: 0 and Texture:
1. Enter the watercolor settings and press Ok.
- Select the Painting layer, click "Create new fill or adjustment layer" located at the bottom of the Layers window and choose "Brightness/Contrast".
- Give more brightness and more contrast to the
Painting layer, I have set brightness to +32 and
Contrast to +10.
- Select the Painting layer, click "Create new fill or adjustment layer" again and choose "Hue/Saturation".
- Change the Hue and saturation settings to make your
image look more like a painting, I have set Hue: -8 and
Saturation: +26 and click Ok.
- Now, select the Painting layer and change its
Opacity to 84%.
The Watercolor Painting:
Top Rated Tutorials
- How to Adjust Audio/Video Sync In An AVI File Using VirtualDub
Rating: 3.3/5 Votes: 260
- Show the Url of the Page
Rating: 3.2/5 Votes: 64
- Spinning Text Effect
Rating: 3.2/5 Votes: 20
- Add Image to Text
Rating: 3.2/5 Votes: 40
- Youtube-dl - Download Videos From Youtube in Opensuse
Rating: 3.2/5 Votes: 12